CT Probate Forms

Updated May 22, 2024
Show Table of Contents

There are a number of state-specific forms you may need when going through the probate process.

General Forms

In Connecticut, the local probate court handles estate matters.

You can check with your local court for the forms they might prefer, and below you will find some of the more common CT forms:

  1. Petition for Probate (Form PC-200) - Get the probate process started
  2. Confidential Information for Petition for Probate (Form PC-200CI) - Give the court the decedent's social security number
  3. Waiver of Bond (Form PC-280) - Attach to Petition if desired and not addressed by will
  4. Appointment of Judge as Agent for Out-of-State Executors (Form PC-482) - Appoint probate judge as agent for estate correspondence
  5. Petition for Support Allowance (Form PC-202) - Request an interim estate allowance for the surviving family
  6. Creditor Notice (Form PC-234) - Notify creditors of the probate
  7. Declaration of Insolvent Estate (Form PC-204) - Tell the court the estate cannot pay all its debts
  8. Estate Inventory (Form PC-440) - Report estate contents to the court (consider attaching EstateExec Inventory Report)
  9. Estate Accounting (Form PC-441) - Consider attaching EstateExec Accounting Report
  10. Affidavit of Closing (Form PC-213) - Tell the court you have distributed everything and are done

See CT Probate Forms for a more complete list of forms that may be required in certain situations.

Small Estates

Small estates sometimes need only 1 specialized form or affidavit: see Small CT Estates.

Additional Information

See also Overall Probate Process in CT.

Copyright © 2014-24 EstateExec