ME Probate Forms

Updated May 22, 2024
Show Table of Contents

There are a number of state-specific forms you may need when going through the probate process.

General Forms

In Maine, the County Probate Court handles wills and estate probate.

You can check with your local court for the forms they might prefer, and below you will find some of the more common ME forms:

  1. Petition for Informal Appointment of Personal Representative (Form DE-201(I)) - Get the probate process started
  2. Application for Informal - Intestate (Form DE-101(I)) - Get the probate process started if there is no will
  3. Waiver of Notice (Form N-107) - Allow interested parties to waive notice requirements
  4. Notice of Appointment (Form N-115) - Notify interested parties of your appointment as executor
  5. Inventory (Form DE-405) - Report estate contents
  6. Probate Accounting (Form DE-406) - Report estate financials
  7. Petition for Complete Settlement (Form DE-601) - Ask court for permission to distribute
  8. Verified Application for Certificate of Discharge (Form DE-605) - Tell the court you are finished with your duties

See ME Probate Forms for a more complete list of forms that may be required in certain situations.

Small Estates

Small estates sometimes need only 1 specialized form or affidavit: see Small ME Estates.

Additional Information

See also Overall Probate Process in ME.

In case you're interested, probate forms for other states can be found here:

Copyright © 2014-24 EstateExec