CA Probate Forms

Updated May 22, 2024
Show Table of Contents

There are a number of state-specific forms you may need when going through the probate process.

General Forms

In CA, the local Superior Court has jurisdiction over probate cases. If you set the county of legal residence on the Decedent tab, a direct link to the appropriate court will appear here.

You can check with your local court for the forms they might prefer, and below you will find some of the more common CA forms:

  1. Petition for Probate (Form DE-111) - Get the probate process started
  2. Waiver of Bond (Form DE-111 (A-3e)) - Attach to petition if desired and not addressed by will
  3. Notice of Petition (Form DE-121) - Notify anyone named in the will, anyone who would normally inherit, creditors, and publish
  4. Notice of Hearing (Form DE-120) - Notify interested parties of any other court hearings publish
  5. Proof of Hearing Notices (Form DE-120MA) - Tell the court you made the required notifications
  6. Form BOE-502-D - Notify counties with real property of death
  7. Estate Inventory and Appraisal (Form DE-160) - Report estate contents to the court
  8. Creditor Notice (Form DE-157) - Send notice to creditors
  9. Petition for Final Distribution (No CA Form) - Check local court for Closing Statement preferences; includes Final Accounting
  10. Petition for Final Discharge (Form DE-295) - Tell the court the estate has been settled and you are finished with your duties

See CA Probate Forms for a more complete list of forms that may be required in certain situations.

Small Estates

Small estates sometimes need only 1 specialized form or affidavit: see Small CA Estates.

Additional Information

See also Overall Probate Process in CA.

In case you're interested, probate forms for other states can be found here:

Copyright © 2014-24 EstateExec