NY Probate Forms
There are a number of state-specific forms you may need when going through the probate process.
You can check with your local court for the forms they might prefer, and below you will find some of the more common NY forms:
- Petition for Probate - Get the probate process started (also includes Notice of Probate, and Affidavits of Having Provided Notice)
- Probate Proceeding Checklist - Help for filling out the Petition for Probate
- Inventory of Assets - Tell the court about the contents of the estate
- Final Accounting Checklist - Prepare to petition for settlement
- Petition for Settlement - Submit Final Accounting
- Heir Receipt and Release (Form JA-2) - Have the heir confirm receipt of distribution
If you do not have an attorney, you may be able to file your papers electronically.
See NY Probate Forms for a more complete list of forms that may be required in certain situations.
Small estates sometimes need only 1 specialized form or affidavit: see Small NY Estates.
See also General Probate.