CA Probate Forms
There are a number of state-specific forms you may need when going through the probate process.
You can check with your local court for the forms they might prefer, and below you will find some of the more common CA forms:
- Petition for Probate (Form DE-111) - Get the probate process started
- Notice of Hearing (Form DE-120) - Notify anyone named in the will, anyone who would normally inherit, and publish
- Proof of Hearing Notices (Form DE-120MA) - Tell the court you made the required notifications
- Estate Inventory and Appraisal (Form DE-160) - Report estate contents to the court
- Creditor Notice (Form DE-157) - Send notice to creditors
- Petition for Final Distribution (No CA Form) - Check local court for Closing Statement preferences; includes Final Accounting
- Petition for Final Discharge (Form DE-295) - Tell the court the estate has been settled and you are finished with your duties
See CA Probate Forms for a more complete list of forms that may be required in certain situations.
Small estates sometimes need only 1 specialized form or affidavit: see Small CA Estates.
See also General Probate.